2. Click on 'Mail' top left, then 'Preferences'.
3. Click on the 'Accounts' tab, then the '+' symbol bottom left to begin adding a new email account.
4. Enter your full details into the screen that opens, then click 'Continue'. Don't worry if this then throws up a warning/error, just click 'Continue' again.
5. On the next screen, on the 'Account Type' dropdown, select either IMAP (if you want emails to be available on multiple devices) or POP (if you want them to be removed from the server once Mac Mail has downloaded). Then enter a description for the account (it doesnt matter what you put for this, it is for reference), then the incoming mail server as mail.(yourfulldomain.com). Use your full email address for the username, and password. Click 'Continue'.
6. On the next window make sure that 'Use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL)' is unticked, and 'Authentication' is set to 'Password'.
7. In this next window we will be defining the Outgoing Server Settings. Again the 'Description' is just for reference. 'Outoing Mail Server' will be mail.(yourfulldomain.com). Tick 'Use Only This Server'. Also tick 'Use Authentication' and enter your full email address for the 'Username' and your password. Click 'Continue'.
8. On the next window make sure that 'Use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL)' is unticked, and 'Authentication' is set to 'Password'.
9. Confirm the details are correct in the final window. Make sure 'Take Account Online' is ticked and click 'Create'.
Note: Your server with Nimbus is capable of being used as a basic mail server, but the ongoing battle between spam management, hacking and blacklisting means that Office 365 and Google Apps are the go-to platforms if email is critical to your business/site. Read more here.
- Email, SSL
- 118 Users Found This Useful
If you are looking for an email provider for your website, Google provide a very affordable...
Plesk general email settings for your mail program. Username or Account ID:...
Follow the instructions below, using your email address as username and email address, your...
Setting up your iOS device following this guide: 1. Go into the settings section and click...
If you use your Linux server with Nimbus to host your email, you can access your email via your...